Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

Well, here we are! 2009, a fresh start, a new year. I hope that this year is a great one for EVERYONE.

I don't make "resolutions", they are only meant to be broken and forgotten--but I do hope to work on my attitude and health this year. I feel I've become a bit of a cranky pants over the last year. I've been under a lot of stress, but we have found a way to survive it and I have to be grateful and turn it over to God that we will continue to "make it".

The stress has taken a toll and I am determined to find a way to get that under control--besides the bottle of wine I have been known to put away on occasion ;p

I want to spend more quality time with quality people--and get rid of the negative people. I got too wrapped up in the "drama" of people who really have no drama, they are clueless in the workings of the "Real world"--and when they get trhown back out into that world, they are going to be in for a RUDE awakening. But that is not my problem anymore--I'm gone from it. They are decent people, but they just don't live my reality and I don't have anything in common with them anymore.

My "quality" people know who they are. I am grateful for such fun people in my life. They "get" me. It's ok if we don't talk for days, we fall right back into the routine, there is not the need to be all up in each other's crap all the time--"neediness" is not in the vocabulary--they are strong women, they stand on their own and don't need the approval of a group to make it thru the day. I love them dearly!

Life isn't perfect for them either, we bitch to each other about it, do something and move on--we "deal", we coach each other on how to cope, but we all make our own decisions and go on with the business of living a good life. YEAH US!!!

OK--I'm rambling in my own mental way--but that's ok. My wish for all of you is health, happiness and peace for 2009!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm so with you on the drama thing. Happy New Year!

Lori said...

Amen, sister! I've been trying to do this, too--rid myself of the "toxic" people in my life. My days are too short to waste my time with negativity and drama. I've made some cuts: I used to read a million blogs, now I've cut out reading the blogs of ignorant people or excessively negative people, I've gotten rid of "friends" who were bringing me down more than lifting me up, I've even drastically reduced contact with family members who stress me out. I feel so much better!

You should keep a list of positive things in your life. You don't have to put it on your blog and you don't have to do it everyday, but it has really helped me to look at the bright side of things instead of being so cynical all the time. I'm bad about that.

Okay, I'm rambling...