Monday, January 10, 2011

Something I hate about Facebook!

ok--Facebook.... 

Don't get me wrong, I love Facebook, but I have an issue that I would like to address/ask your opinion about.

Scenario:

A person posts a vauge statement about something most people don't know about--then someone who DOES know about it--copies that same statement and posts it on their page--but provides no additional information.

Is this just a cry for attention from the other person?  Do they post this hoping that others will bomb their page with the "OMG--what happened", "what's going on?"  "I'll pray for you" kind of stuff????  I just don't get it.

My feelings are--if it's such a personal thing and you want the people involved to know you are thinking about/praying for them--why post it on your page?  That is what personal messages are for.  THEN...the other person who copies your statement (and even comments under your note that they are going to copy it and post it) and adds it to their wall--with no explanation?  That just screams attention whore to me.  It's like they are playing the game "I know a secret--and I cannot tell you"--and that is juvenile!  They start getting bombed with "what happened/what's going on" and they don't respond--or they put, "I'll PM you".  It should have been a PM to begin with fool! 

People,  Facebook is a public forum--if it's something you cannot talk about in public--don't put it "out there".

That is just my pet peeve.....thoughts??  How do you feel about it?  Am I over-reacting?

No comments: