Thursday, June 16, 2011

Death of an old friend

I know it's been forever since I have written, but I just have not been feeling it...

Now I am feeling too many emotions to even get them down on paper/screen/interwebs..

An old friend from my MUCH younger days has been murdered.  I am filled with shock and sadness at this horrible event.

He was just a normal guy...would do anything for anyone.  If you needed something and he had it--it was yours.  He was a simple man, worked hard all his life.  He was just that type of man

He fought his demons, he raised 2 sons, he took care of his aging mother...He was just that kind of man

I remember Randy working on my Honda Civic--bitching the whole time that I bought a foreign POS and maybe I wouldn't have problems if I bought American--but he still made sure my car was safe and that I could get where I was going. He was just that kind of man...

I remember playing DartBall at the local union hall--Randy serving as our "protector" as we were some pretty naive little girls and we were always doing stupid shit--he kept us alive sometimes--I swear!  He was just that kind of man...

He loved my best friend--they almost got married.  Selfishly, I wish they would have, things would have been so different and her path in life might have taken different turns and I would still have her around daily.  But that was not to be and now she is broken hearted...

It all changed in one night.

His youngest son's High school graduation party was going on..for whatever reason Randy went up to the gas station...some idiot was causing trouble and Randy stepped in to help. A decision that ended his life.

How does another human being look into the eyes of a person standing in front of him and slam down on the gas pedal? How does that evil drag a human being 63 feet under his van and crush him to death? How does that evil sit in a courtroom and plead not guilty during his arraignment?

How does one man destroy a family and leave 2 young men without a father?  All because the evil man's son was a hot head and could not control his temper?  All because the Toledo Police department didn't have enough man power on a Saturday night to respond to an assault in progress?

I just don't understand..........

God Bless you Randy...Godspeed my friend...Rest in Peace

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. It's not fair that one of the good guys had to leave this life too soon. My thoughts are with you and all of his friends and family.